Numerous insights into the future of health in one day
This was Future Medicine 2016
In the Bolle Festsäle "Future Medicine" Science Match brought together the rising stars of science from top institutions in Berlin, Germany, and the world with proven game-changers. They presented in one day cutting-edge translational medicine and showed how their work will turn advances in life science research into benefits for patients and people. In five sessions the topics Personalized Medicine, Digital Health, Start-Up Ecosystems, Regenerative Medicine and Cell Engineering were discussed.
See the full program here
The conference was part of the Berlin Science Week 2016 and was held in English.
Science Match is an innovative format for connecting science, business, society, media and new talent. In keynotes and 3-minute presentations German and international researchers will feature their innovations in life sciences. Attracting up to 800 participants, the target audiences of this event are peers, young professionals, healthcare industry, venture capital, funding institutions and policy makers. The event was held in English.
At “Future Medicine” all participants could get to know each other well and at a level that is scarcely achievable at other events.
• The best of biomedical research and application: excellent and promising scientists reported on cutting-edge research topics and opened up potentially new research collaborations
• Matching: networking among scientists, investors, companies, start-ups, young professionals
• Recruiting: young professionals and start-ups in life
"Future Medicine" has qualified for CME accreditation at the Berlin Chamber of Physicians. "Future Medicine" is designated for 6 CME credit-points.
The Tagesspiegel – who developed the Science Match format – and the Berlin Institute of Health with support of Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association (MDC) and the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
Participation Options for Partners of "Future Medicine"
There were several ways – including customisable options – for companies and institutions to support the event. You have the opportunity to make contact with companies, new talent and scientists, and to position your company within the context of cutting-edge science.
Companies benefited from the following opportunities:
• Content: Position yourself by championing one of the speaker sessions.
• Venture: Become the auspice of a start-up competition.
• Exhibition: Reach potential new research partners and customers.
• Branding: Leave your mark among decision-making target groups: Key media include Tagesspiegel, Handelsblatt, WirtschaftsWoche, Zeit and communication in connection with the event (target groups: decision makers and opinion leaders in politics, business and science).
• Recruiting: Access to top-quality talent: The event format is a major draw for top young talent. A scholarship programme allows companies to invite students, young professionals and startup-entrepreneur to "Future Medicine". As a member of the jury you are involved in the selection and can access the profile data. You can invite the young talent that is of most interest to you to your own informal meetings.
• Individual sponsoring: e.g. sponsoring a break or a session on request.
• Industry exclusivity: on request.