100 Insights, 1 Day - This was the European Health Science Match 2016
100 European Top-Researches, 3 Minutes each
At the halle02, where usually rock bands lay into the strings, the over 600 attendees listened to the “rockstars” of medicine, pharma and biotech, who presented cutting-edge science in short 3-minute-presentations. The speakers came from leading science institutes and corporations and gave a brief insight into various topics of the broad spectrum of life sciences.
The matching breaks then brought young academics, scientists and entrepreneurs together. The speakers of each session, which were divided in the topics “Understanding Disease”, “diagnosis”, “Tools and Devices” and “Therapy”, answered the questions of the attendees at the Science Club, where new business collaborations, investment ideas and project ideas could grow.
The conference was part of the European Biotech Week 2016 and was held in English.
Amongst others, the speakers came from the following institutions:
- European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
- German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)
- Heidelberg University
- Catholic University of Leuven
- Tel Aviv University
You find all confirmed speakers here.
Main science partner: The Health Axis Europe (HAE), a strategic alliance of biomedical clusters from Heidelberg (Germany), Leuven (Belgium), Cambridge (UK), Maastricht (Netherlands) and Copenhagen (Denmark), supported the event as the main scientific partner.
Participation Options for Partners of the Health Science Match
There are several ways – including customisable options – for companies and institutions to support the event. You have the opportunity to make contact with companies, new talent and scientists, and to position your company within the context of cutting edge science.
Companies benefit from the following opportunities:
• Content: Position yourself by championing one of the speaker sessions.
• Exhibition: Reach potential new research partners and customers.
• Branding: Leave your mark among decision-making target groups: Key media include Tagesspiegel, Handelsblatt, WirtschaftsWoche, Zeit and communication in connection with the event (target groups: decision makers and opinion leaders in politics, business and science).
• Recruiting: Access to top-quality talent: The event format is a major draw for top young talent. A scholarship programme allows companies to invite students, young professionals and startup-entreprenneur to the conference. As a member of the jury you are involved in the selection and can access the profile data. You can invite the young talent that is of most interest to you to your own informal meetings.
• Individuell sponsoring: e.g. sponsoring a break or a session on request.
• Industry exclusivity: on request.
Nadja Holzmaier can answer any questions you may have about your company's involvement. You can contact her by phone +49 (0)30-29021-15517.