The International Summit at the Place and Date the Digital Age began
May 12, 2017: Celebrating 76 years of computing
More than 1000 guests got together at Kosmos Berlin on May 12, 2017, to celebrate the birthday of Konrad Zuses Z3-computer and to discuss how digitalization will continue to change the world.
The Digital Science Match in Berlin as an internationally recognized platform brought more than 45 researchers of Berlin’s scientific institutions and their German and international partners featuring innovations in keynotes and 5-minute presentations in a single day. In 5 keynotes and 39 short plenary presentations outstanding computer experts gave insights into the digital future covering a diverse range of issues such as big data and artificial intelligence, digital sovereignty, digital technologies, predictive simulation and high performance computing. The Digital Future 2017 Science Match connected cutting-edge research, high-tech economy, leading young researchers and start-ups – all taking place on the same day and in the same city the computer was once presented to a world audience.
Technology entrepreneur and co-founder of Apple Inc, Stephen Wozniak, as well as Chris Sander of the Harvard Medical School and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute were honoured as digital pioneers on stage and inducted into the “Hall of Fame of the Digital Age” by an academic jury of the Zuse Institute Berlin.
As the digital revolution continues, society has to adopt. Therefore this year's Science Match included the session Digital Sovereignty. It was introduced by Dr. Anna Herrhausen from Alfred Herrhausen Gesellschaft. Moreover, digitisation was illustrated with an exhibition of innovative projects in the Experience Corner.
Young Digital Changers
Up to 150 Students and Young Professionals joined the conference by a Young Digital Changers-Scholarship.
If you are interested in a Scholarship for upcoming events, please write an email to email@example.com.
Participation Options for Partners of The Digital Future
There are several ways – including customisable options – for companies and institutions to support the event. You have the opportunity to make contact with companies, new talent and scientists, and to position your company within the context of cutting edge science.
Companies benefit from the following opportunities:
• Content: Position yourself by championing one of the speaker sessions.
• Exhibition: Reach potential new research partners and customers.
• Branding: Leave your mark among decision-making target groups: Key media include Tagesspiegel, Handelsblatt, WirtschaftsWoche, Zeit and communication in connection with the event (target groups: decision makers and opinion leaders in politics, business and science).
• Recruiting: Access to top-quality talent: The event format is a major draw for top young talent. A scholarship programme allows companies to invite students, young professionals and startup-entrepreneur to the conference. As a member of the jury you are involved in the selection and can access the profile data. You can invite the young talent that is of most interest to you to your own informal meetings.
• Individual sponsoring: e.g. sponsoring a break or a session on request.
• Industry exclusivity: on request.
Susanne Funk can answer any questions you may have about your company's involvement. You can contact her by phone +49 (0)30-29021-15564.